Simplified Strategic Planning Manual and Templates
Thousands of leaders are reaping the benefits of Simplified Strategic Planning, a proven process for charting your course and direction that focuses your resources for sustainable competitive advantage and superior performance in any business environment.
If you and your management team follow the process in this clear and concise manual, you will:
- complete a fully documented strategic plan, with supporting data and decision criteria.
- develop a competitive strategy to beat or (better yet) avoid competition.
- identify and resolve your key strategic issues.
- clearly assign responsibility for action plan implementation.
- sharply focus your efforts on what is most important to your future success.
- improve tomorrow’s results through efficient and effective strategic management.
- take control of your destiny by establishing a lean, effective strategy process that fits your business.
- reach and stretch for higher levels of attainment.
- deal with rapidly changing developments that will confront your business in the coming years.
- translate the company vision into personal involvement and alignment for your employees.
- generate motivation enthusiasm and commitment.
- achieve your highest potential.
- accomplish all of this without interfering with the daily conduct of your business.
The SIMPLIFIED STRATEGIC PLANNING manual contains clear and complete instructions, exhibits and illustrated example worksheets. All worksheet templates are available at no extra cost. This manual will lead you through the effective and efficient SIMPLIFIED STRATEGIC PLANNING process in the following steps.
- Development and examination of the necessary external and internal information required for planning your strategy.
- Identification and evaluation of strengths, weaknesses, and strategic competencies which are critical to your future success.
- Examination of necessary assumptions concerning probable future developments which would have a significant impact on your business and over which you have no control and no certain knowledge.
- Identification and evaluation of your threats and opportunities.
- Strategic assessment of your present and potential market segments.
- Selection of market and competitive strategies for your core business.
- Selection of appropriate development strategies.
- Determination and definition of the desired role of the business.
- Development of guiding principles for the successful conduct of the business.
- Establishment of realistic, specific objectives to support your strategies, desired role and guiding principles.
- Development of action plans which will translate your objectives into results.
- Provision of necessary resources (time and money) within availability constraints for the achievement of those results.
- Scheduled reviews of situational developments, progress and performance on a timely basis.
Table of Contents
Section 1: EXTERNAL SITUATION
- Market Segment Analysis
- Competitive Evaluations
- Technology Assessment
- Supplier Market Assessments
- Current Economic Situation
- Significant Regulations
Section 2: INTERNAL SITUATION
- Balance Sheet
- Five Year Operating Statement
- Measures of Success
- Profitability Analysis
Section 3: CAPABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Capabilities Assessments
- Strategic Competencies
Section 4: ASSUMPTIONS
- Assumptions for Market Segments
- Competition Assumptions for Market Segments
- Other Important Assumptions
- Perceived Opportunities
- Opportunity Screening Worksheets
- Perceived Threats
- Industry Scenario
- Winner’s Profile
Section 5: STRATEGIES
- Strategic Assessments
- Strategic Issues
- How Many Ways Could We Shoot Ourselves in the Foot?
Section 6: GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Mission Statement
Section 7: ACTION PLANS
Section 8: BUDGETS
- Operating Budget
- Investment Budget
- Cash Flow Budget
- Five Year Operating Budget
Section 9: SCHEDULES
- Time Worksheet
- Personal Annual Schedule
- Planning Schedule
- Monitoring Schedule
A Few Testimonials
“Simplified Strategic Planning provides a framework for creating direction in a manner that moves away from guesswork and toward intelligent selection. The end result: a destination of choice, not chance.”
#2 of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work for in America
Are you ready for a streamlined, structured approach to strategy and execution that has delivered billions of dollars of profit increases for companies of all sizes in all industries?available in loose leaf binder
$247.00 for first copy
additional copies available now or later for $47 each